Saturday, 4 August 2012

The Knight of Montsea - Assembly

Ok, so first things first. MAN these models have a shit load of flash on them. I thought the Cygnar Long gunners were bad, but holy crap. I spent about a hour just clipping and filing, filing and clipping. I think some of the people over at Corvus Belli need to up their game on the QA side of things.

However, once i did get it ready to be put together, I was quite impressed with how seamless most of the intersections were. Which is good, cause the thought of using green stuff to patch up any holes is enough to make me quit a game right there and then. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to take a picture of the model unassembled. I'll try to get that next time.

Oh, and another thing. Antennae?!? Really? Tiny light weigh pieces of metal glued at one tiny point to the head of a model. Part of me really thought I'd just save myself the time and throw them away, ans they are bound to end up either lost or stuck down the back of my model case with a Block dick and old Bolter. I decided that, to increase the odds they'd stay on, I'd pin them back along the side of the helmet. It also gives it a nice Anime look, and i'm happy it'll last longer. Anyway... here... take a look.





Next up is Undercoat and Base coat. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment